Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Newbie

I have a Ph.D. in Molecular and Systems Pharmacology, which is completely unrelated to arts and crafts!  But I LOVE creating things in what little spare time I have. Scientist by day, crafter by night!  However, I also just had a baby in December, so I've been on a little crafting vacation until just recently.  Now I have to wait to do projects until after the little man goes to sleep each night. 


These days I primarily quilt and sew, though I'm also known to paint and make stained glass. I started crafting and sewing as a young girl after learning how to cross stitch from my grandma and grandpa. I recently fell in love with quilting after taking a class a few years ago.  I've been making quilts for friends and family, but am currently interested in making something for myself... maybe a quilt and a bag? I think it is so much fun to get creative with different materials. Anyway, I hope you enjoy my blog about my creations!

2 comments:

  1. I am so excited that you decided to join the blog-liferation as well! Can't wait to read about all of your projects - and I hope it inspires me to get out my knitting needles. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a Ph.D. in Psychology. I say it keeps me away from the odd ducks in the sewing world. I hope it helps.

    ReplyDelete