Wednesday, April 28, 2010

You May Have This Dance {Quilt}

Follow this link to check out Anna Maria Horner's Folk Dance quilt pattern, which uses her "Good Folks" line of fabrics.

I absolutely love this quilt pattern, but when I went to buy my fabrics from Intown Quilters, they were all sold out of the fabrics I had chosen to use for my own Folk Dance quilt.  I was really disappointed and had to come up with a new color palete on the spot and select fabrics from the other lines they carry in the store.  Lucky for me they have a fantastic selection, which made choosing the 13 fabrics for this quilt super easy!



Quilt Color Palette

I ended up chosing fabrics from Patty Young's Flora and Fauna line in the mustard and turquoise palettes.  I also picked some solids and small prints in jewel tones to pick up some of the subtle colors in those fabrics, since I really want the patterned fabrics to pop.  Can't wait to share more with you in the coming weeks!



2 comments:

  1. I just got done doing a zigzag quilt! I ended up turning mine 90 degrees, but I did use Anna Maria's Good Folks line and it turned out great! Love the color palette you have picked out from Flora and Fauna as well. You can see how mine turned out here:

    http://sewwithsass.blogspot.com/2010/04/patchwork-weekend-edition.html

    skburton xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't decided what to do with my voile. I keep looking!

    ReplyDelete